Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Original Building Permits

Molly's cousin Sara works for the Saint Paul Heritage Preservation Society and did some super sleuthing on a slow work day. Sara turned up the original building permit from August, 1909 and the log of sub-permits. The house was built for C.W. Boyer and the contractor was J.S. Sweitzer; his home is still standing on the corner across the street from us. His grandson owns the house now. I wonder if they have any of the blueprints from the house? I know they found a bunch in their attic.

We bought the house from Richard Remick who was J.H Remick's son. He inherited the house from his parents and lived here from the day he was born until the day he died. He was an interesting guy. Never worked a day in his life because his parents invested in the premium stocks way back in the 40's or 50's! The house had been totally remodeled in the 30's (as the permits say!) and never touched again. Pretty cool to walk into!

1 comment:

  1. I finally found your blog again. I have a stove just like yours. I would love any and all info I can get about it. I am putting it in my kitchen when I retro remodel. Big fan of the blog retro renovation also. email me j.karrigan@mchsi.com

    ReplyDelete